Saturday 6 June 2015

Favorite Quotes...

  1. "Is this a dagger I see before me, The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee. I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible To feeling as to sight, or art thou but A dagger of the mind, a false creation, Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain?" --Act 2, Scene 1, Lines 33-39: Macbeth to himself
  2. "Fair is foul and foul is fair." --Act 1, Scene 1, Line 10: The witches in conversation
  3. "Whence is that knocking?— 
    How is’t with me, when every noise appals me?
    What hands are here! Ha, they pluck out mine eyes.
    Will all great Neptune’s ocean wash this blood
    Clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather
    The multitudinous seas incarnadine, 
    Making the green one red." -- Macbeth says this in Act 2, scene 2, lines 55–61
  4. "How now, my lord, why do you keep alone,
    Of sorriest fancies your companions making,
    Using those thoughts which should indeed have died
    With them they think on? Things without all remedy
    Should be without regard: what's done, is done."-- Lady Macbeth says this in Act 3, scene 2, 8–12

No comments:

Post a Comment